I do not have my Master degree yet. What do I do?

If you have not obtained your master certificate and a transcript of records before the application deadline, you can still apply. In this case you should attach a letter of confirmation from your MA supervisor to the application documents, stating that you have already submitted your master thesis and it will most likely receive a very good grade.

However, since the master certificate and the transcript are formal requirements of the application for a PhD at the Graduate School, it is important that we receive them no later than early September per email. If you are unable to do so, your application cannot be further considered.

Please note: Foreign certificates and transcripts must be translated into German or English and must be notarised.

In the event of a successful application, you are also expected to show the original documents to the university for enrolment.

Last update on 2017-06-14 by Kathrin Linnemann.

Go back