GS OSESUR welcomes applications for up to three doctoral scholarships/grants on April 1, 2021. The funding will be awarded for an initial 18 months, with an extension of 24 months possible following a successful progress assessment (i.e. a total of 42 months).
The doctoral scholarships are granted at a monthly rate of EUR 1,365 (plus EUR 103.- monthly material cost allowance) plus travel funds and, if applicable, childcare allowances based on the guidelines of the DFG.
The scholarship holders will be expected to successfully conduct an independent research project that contributes to the Graduate School’s research fields. Research at the GS OSESUR focuses particularly on interrelations and interdependencies between East and Southeast Europe and other parts of the world. Therefore GS OSESUR especially welcomes projects with a transnational / transregional or comparative approach.
Participation in the Graduate School’s seminars and qualification program is mandatory
As an international research institution, the GS OSESUR also explicitly invites applications from international candidates. The Graduate School’s seminars are bilingual (German and English). Candidates should have at least working knowledge of both English and German. Scholarship holders will be expected to live and work in Regensburg.
For the Application the following is needed:
- a covering letter (max. 1 page) outlining your motivation for applying
- outline of your proposed doctoral project (4-6 pages that includes an indication of: the aims and relevance of your project; your key questions and methods; how your project relates to existing research and debates in relevant fields)
- work plan and schedule
- Curriculum Vitae
- Scans of higher education degree certificates
- abstract of the Master’s thesis (or equivalent)
- list of publications (if applicable)
- two references from university lecturers or professors
Please submit your complete application by email (in one PDF file, 5 MB max.) to the administration office of the Graduate School at: firstname.lastname@example.org (reference: Application Doctoral scholarship).
Deadline for applications is December 20, 2020.
More information on the application process is available in the PDF documents or from the managing director of the GS OSESUR, Dr. Heidrun Hamersky, at email@example.com.