Postdoctoral position for research in the field of law and society
Committed to innovation and interdisciplinarity in research and teaching, the Universität Regensburg with its over 20,000 students provides an intellectually stimulating environment for students from Germany and abroad. The Graduate School for East and Southeast European Studies is a collaborative venture carried by the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) in Munich and the Universität Regensburg. The School is supported by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) with funds from the federal and state Initiative for Excellence.
The Graduate School for East and Southeast European Studies at the University of Regensburg, Germany invites applications for a postdoctoral position (f/m) for research in the field of law and society beginning on May 1, 2015. The full-time position (40,1 hours per week) is limited to a fixed 2.5 year term. The position is paid according to the German pay scale 13 TV-L.
Research at the Graduate School is conducted under three broad, interdisciplinary fields:
- Origins and forms of social and political change
- Cultural and linguistic systems
- Infrastructure, migration and transfer of knowledge
The Graduate School pays particular attention to the entanglements of Eastern and Southeastern Europe with other parts of the globe.
the postdoctoral researcher will
- contribute to the academic program of the Graduate School for East and Southeast European Studies
- closely cooperate with the Graduate School’s Professors in Law and Social Anthropology
- pursue a postdoctoral research project
- teach at undergraduate and postgraduate levels
- above average graduate degree results (Master, German Diploma, State Examination or equivalent degree) as well as an excellent PhD in law, sociology, anthropology (or a neighbouring discipline)
- an innovative postdoctoral project
- teaching experience
- willingness to engage in interdisciplinary cooperation
- sufficient German language skills
- ability to work in a team
We offer a challenging and rewarding position in an international working environment in Regensburg, a city noted for its quality of living. The possibility for acquiring further qualifications (Habilitation) exists.
The Universität Regensburg strives to achieve an increase in the percentage of women working at the university and, accordingly, expressly invites qualified women to apply for positions. The Universität Regensburg is committed to the compatibility of family and career (for more information, please visit http://www.uni-regensburg.de/equal-opportunities). Severely disabled applicants are given preference in instances where applicants demonstrate an equal level of qualification. Please mention any severe disabilities, if applicable, in the application.
For further information please contact the coordinator of the Graduate School at the Universität Regensburg, Prof. Dr. Ulf Brunnbauer. Phone: +49(0)941 943-5475, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should include: letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, relevant certifications, research proposal (max. 5 pages), list of publications and list of courses taught.
Please send your application no later than January 31, 2015 via email in one PDF file (maximum file size 5 MB) with the subject line “Application Graduate School” to Dr. Heidrun Hamersky.