— Professor of General and Comparative Literature (Universität Regensburg)
Main Research Areas
- Comparative European-Jewish literatures
- Emmanuel Levinas
- German-Jewish, Russian-Jewish and Italian-Jewish literatures
- Literary theory
- Literary forms of philosophy
- European modernism (with a focus on Italian and German literature)
- Theory of the image
After completing her Ph.D. in Slavic Literature with her dissertation on the theater of the absurd in Bulgaria in 1995 at the Free University of Berlin, in 2001, she started her habilitation in the field of General and Comparative Literature on Emmanuel Levinas. Since 2002 she has been Professor of General and Comparative Literature at Universität Regensburg. She has also been visiting professor at FU Berlin and the Hebrew University in Jerusalem.
- Pegisha – Encounters – Jewish Studies (Peter Lang Publishing)
Positions, Assignments and Memberships
- Principal investigator of the Graduate School for East and Southeast European Studies
- Founding member of the master’s programme “General and Comparative Literature” in cooperation with the Institute of German Studies at Universität Regensburg. The programme has a special focus on Comparative Jewish Literature.