From 2012 to 2019, the GS organized its research into small, thematically-focused study groups, in order to bring together researchers working on similar projects. Each study group was supervised by at least two members of the School’s teaching staff.
Former study groups
- Language, Knowledge, Practices
- Transatlantic Entanglements and Comparisons
- Migration, Transfers, Cultural Contact
- Commemorative Culture and Mental Maps
- Culture, Meaning, Orientation
- Knowledge, Space, Environment
- Construction, Translation and Lifting Borders in Art and Literature
- International Research Training Group (IRTG) "Religious cultures in 19th and 20th-century Europe"
- Emmy Noether Junior Research Group 'Ordering Diversity'
- Social Sorting
- Literature, Narrativity, Discourse